Thursday, October 20, 2005

Trying out Flock (a clever new browser)

So, I have been mildly intrigued by Flock, a browser that was being simultaneously developed for several platforms. I'm on the Mac right now, so haven't seen hot it looks in others, but I like the feel of the UI (its a browser, don't get your hopes up). The buttons feel nice n Mac'y to me. Anyway, it is designed to be a social browser (flock, you know like a group of birds). That means, it uses stuff like del.icio.us for favorites, or at least lets you integrate with it. It also has a direct link for blogging... which is why I am here now. I'm tesing out that blog part. I'm still just getting started with playing around with it, so I don't have a lot to say, but I will follow up with more info later.

I had signed up for them to send me beta info when the time came, but didn't hear anything. One of my RSS feeds today then said its available and had a link to download it. I was reading about it through OS X Code who redirected me to TechZap, here is the particular post with links to download it if you want to try yourself.



footnote: It looks like Flock is built on top of Mozilla, so I may finally be getting my prettier version of Firefox with the power to add scripts and the like still available. (Their skins generally leave me wanting.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home