Thursday, September 29, 2005

ruby scripting

So... I work for a software company (@Last Software - SketchUp software) that added Ruby as a scripting language in the previous version. I remember at the time thinking, "What the heck is Ruby, why not Python?", since I work in technical support I have seen that question come up many times. In the past few months I'm slowly trying to find or make time to learn more about Ruby so I can create tools for this software. Recently I've also started blogging and checking out more technology stuff and have noticed that Ruby is growing daily, everyone is starting to use it. Its very cool stuff! Anyway, I'm just kinda chiming in, giving relevance to an already relevant language. This Ruby scripting language is a big thing and I'm excited by whats coming out of it (via Ruby on Rails) for web apps. I already mentioned Yubnub but there are others. Is anyone out there doing stuff with Ruby? Is anyone out there using SketchUp?

Here is a great repository for Ruby scripts for our software if you are:

Ruby Scripts Library

1 Comments:

At 10/18/2005 12:09 AM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

You need to write something new. I know you gots things to ponder - like the whole sleep thing. :oP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home