Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Train those synapses

I recently started exercising again recently, after months of dust collection on my weight bench, and I just had an interesting bit of brain map reaction. This is going to sound bad, I'm sure. When I work out, we have this cheesy little stair stepper (that is at least better than me just running in place on the concrete floor in the basement) that I spend the first 10 minutes on, a simple way to warm up (tho yoga and stretching are nice alternatives), then I proceed to work do the weight lifting... usually I will go back to the stairs between sets to keep my heart rate up. Anyway, while i'm working out I have the laptop open in front of the stair stepper playing mp3s, but also having this new affection open. I am a Sudoku junkie.

Its amazing how quickly time passes on a stair stepper (one of the most boring activities you could do for exercise), so I am fine with this addiction. Anyway, I play sudoku while exercising. Well on the bus to work, i went to fire it up again to pass the bus ride and was immediately awash in the desire to work out. Isn't that crazy? I want to work out so I can play sudoku! Yah the brain is funny, I like that. (Now, why don't I want to ride on the bus when I open the game up at home?)

1 Comments:

At 12/14/2005 5:17 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

i guess whatever motivates you is all good by me. :) crazy how the brain works, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home