Wednesday, September 07, 2005

bleep bleep

So... I was watching this interesting movie last night (didn't watch all, seems nigh impossible to get a full feature in one setting these days). The movie is "What the *&^% do we know", also known as "What the bleep" in many circles. It seems to do the same thing that Mindwalk did about 15 years ago. I'd like to find that on DVD and would like to get this one on disk as well now. They are hollywood trying to bring Quantum Physics to the masses, its a nice idea, an easy way to spoon feed some advanced concepts without getting too 'heavy'.

"What the bleep" is more light hearted and funny than "Mindwalk" and was entertaining to watch. Its almost documentary like, but with some 'dramatic' examples in it. It covers what Quantum Physics is all about, then digs into what Quantum Physics means about reality and choices and life in general. The idea of 'Infinite Potential' has peppered (read heavily seasoned) the thoughts and writings that I've had for over a decade now and its neat to see it out there in the public a bit more. This isn't a cult hit, I'm not striking up conversations at the bus stop about how atoms are really only about potential, but at least its another drop in the pond.

It was a timely (and unexpected) movie to see, i had no idea what it was about and didn't want to get it. Amy forced me by way of just adding it to Netflix and bumping it up in rank... then she didn't watch it past the first 15 minutes. Funny eh? We heard about it by way of Brandy and Dax, again a bit ironic to me because Dax is pursuing theological studies and this seems to head in the opposite direction. I totally respect a theologan that will look at something so widely divergent from his path, so I'm pleased to have found it. Of couse Dax also said to watch Team America which I just saw this weekend and loved as well. I guess I gotta give credit where credit is due.

Anyway... this whole thing was timely because I just went to the CU campus last week and gathered up an application for financial aid and an application so I can try to get back in next semester. I was mostly wanting to get myself off my ass last week, motivated by a coworker going back to school. Then this little gem sparks some synaptic activity that moves me beyond 'get the degree done' and more into 'get back on the path'. Heck... i'm even motivated enough to post on the blog! =oP

1 Comments:

At 9/08/2005 11:16 AM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

glad to see that something lit a fire under your ass - whatever it may be. and i figured you'd like that movie. you are into brainy stuff like that a lot more than me.
i like to see you writing and blogging again, but don't want to lose you to the blogosphere. ;)
anyway, welcome back to your blog. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home